Pumpkin Turmeric Latte
You might have seen “golden milk” or “turmeric latte” going around lately. This morning, this latte is replacing my coffee. But of course, since it’s pumpkin season, I’m adding pumpkin to my golden milk! Woot! Can you really blame me though? Everywhere you go, everything is pumpkinized. Pumpkin latte, pumpkin cheesecake, cookies, ice cream. Even pumpkin beer.
What’s so great about pumpkin though? Oops… I mean turmeric. ;)
Great for your skin.
High in antioxidant.
Helps in cancer treatment.
Helps in weight-loss.
Boosts immune system.
Helps with depression.
So there you go!
This latte is super easy and warming. A perfect cuppa to sip on a cool fall day.
All you have to do is boil everything together, blend to make sure it’s smooth, sip, and go “ahhhh~”
¼ - ½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
A pinch Chinese 5-spice powder
A pinch of black pepper
1/4 cup pumpkin purée
1 cup almond milk
2 tablespoon pure maple syrup (or to taste)
- Place almond milk and pumpkin purée in a small pot.
- Bring the mixture to boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add all the spices and maple syrup. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a blender. Blend everything until smooth and transfer to a mug.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon and enjoy!